For anyone running the DASC.

Need technical advice or just want to put your point across? Here's the place to do it. This sections covers all models of BMW which do not fall into the above categories.

Moderator: The ///Moderating Team

M3DDB

For anyone running the DASC.

Post by M3DDB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm

just seeing what interest these would be to anyone as i understand there are alot of problems with the plastic idler pulleys

i made a set of idler rollers form 6061-T6 grade aluminium with high quality deep groove ball bearings capable of over 12,000rpm as i never had a set of plastic rollers that come with the kit.

unfortunatley a few including most recently lee (m44 lee) have witnessed plastic roller failure so these ally kits should eliminate the risk of them going bad. I am currently considering making a few up with a CNC programe machining process which will include the bearings and adapters to fit the original backing plates. price wise these are going to be around £120 after the material and bearing cost, but please bare in mind the cheapest kit i could find online at the time was £100 alone without the bearings.

a few pictures of the failed items and the ones i can make up

[img]http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp24 ... 182005.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp24 ... lleys4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp24 ... lleys2.jpg[/img]

if you want a set making let me know and i can get them knocked out, just want to see what interest i get first before i go to the hassle of making a few kits up

thanks

Drew
Last edited by JohnW on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pics too big
Powered by BMW MOTORSPORT

M3DDB

Re: For anyone running the DASC.

Post by M3DDB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

cant really make them any cheaper being bespoke for the kit. not your usualy mass produced Sh*te

m44lee
Drives: e36 3i8is coupe
PSN / XBOX Tag: psn m3_lee_79

Post by m44lee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

i look forward to getting mine on and getting it back on the road
thanks for coming to the rescue and letting me have your personal set,
much appreciated :wink:

M3DDB

Post by M3DDB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 pm

no worries lee, owt for a fellow dasc lol

Prince
Drives: E36 318is Coupe

Post by Prince » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Awesome offer!

£120 is a bit much for me too just pull out atm but definitely interested. Could they be made to order?

Gav.
///Moderating Team
Drives: myself loopy
PSN / XBOX Tag: curly57_ (xbox)

Re: For anyone running the DASC. (Admin approved?)

Post by Gav. » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Be aware folks, this has not been vetted by Admin or Mods and as such, any commitments you make are at your own risk.

M3DDB

Post by M3DDB » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Appreciate that gav .. these are made to order within the next few weeks however, ive not got a stock pile which im trying to get rid of and unless anyone is interested, i shall simply just make a set for myself. just need to know if anyone needs a set so i can order material, bearings, and stand down time at work to produce these

Just so you all know, IÔÇÖm not trying to sell these to make money, but just to help those out running the kit as the standard items are cr*p, originally i was just going to make myself a pair but since lee needed a set, i said he could have mine, so whilst im making myself another set, i may as well write up a programme and have them done that way, much better tolerances and better quality finishes.

The price may seem steep but im sure anyone with any machining appreciation can back me up on how much CNC machined aluminium components can be, and equally high quality bearings. just want my costs covering as clearly i cant make these at a loss, its just a thought for people running the kit to consider